Alright, so I have officially completed Week 1 of the Personal Trainer Food Program! I am happy to report that I lost 8.9lbs and 5.5in. overall. Now, I know that these results will not be typical on a week by week basis! I know that the 48 hour fast had a lot to do with my results but I am still happy with how the beginning of this program is shaping up. Here are a few things that I learned in this first week:
- Water became my new best friend.
- I did well over the 2,000 steps or 10-30 minutes of walking each day… 2,000 steps just seemed crazy low to me.
- Sticking to the meal plan and choosing a couple of healthy snacks to accompany the food is definitely satisfying for an entire day.
- A cheat meal can be okay in moderation.
- I was correct about being able to better stick to eating the proper foods when they are already prepared and measured out for me. I found that I never even thought about ordering takeout.
- I can live with only consuming one Diet Coke a day. (haha)
- Flavored waters like Crystal Light packets are delicious.
- I can survive a 48 hour clear-liquid fast.
- I am starting to recognize better options when I do not have the PTF food and better portion sizing.
Even though I lost quite a few pounds during this first week, I am only expecting to lose around 2lbs per week (if that) and trying to prepare myself for maybe even no pounds lost but recognizing that non-scale victories are still progress even though the scale doesn’t show it.
So as I said, I lost 8.9lbs and 5.5in overall.
- Bust: -1.5in
- Waist: -1.5in
- Hips: -1in
- Arms: -.5in
- Legs: -1in
**I am very excited to continue on this program and cannot wait to see what the next few weeks shape up to be! Happy Memorial Day, everyone!**